[ltp] BIOS update T4x/R5x

Frederik Wagner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:55:40 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:57:33 +0100
Hamie <hamish@travellingkiwi.com> wrote:

> So was I. But all I can say is effing stupid bag of shite!
>
> I keep frigging windoze around for one bloody reason. Updating my
> firmware, because I have an r50p with no floppy. So when I donload an
> update, I expect the damn thing to work.
>
>  AAARRRGGGH!!!!
>
> Stupid bloody thing just starts shutting down windoze, beeps once & sits
> there forever on the "Shutting Down Windows"
>
> Anyone know why this could be? Or should I just give up on updates &
> save myself a few GB by deleting windoze forever.

I had that problem as well. You have to reset you bios to the default values first (somthing like "Load Setup Defaults"). Then - when executing the update files - windows shuts down correctly with a beep and you get the text mode update programm screen...

Hope that works for you as well...

Besides this bios update doesn't change anything about the fan problem.... Grrrrrrrrr....

Anyway, I probably complain again with IBM... :-(

Bye, Frederik!