[ltp] 2 Computer Simple Network

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:56:06 -0400

Hi All

What is the simplest way to network 2 computers?

Computers are: 1 Mandrake 9.1 and 1 MS Windows 98
Also there is a WWW DSL line and a hub currently connecting them together.

The hub could easely be replaced with a fire wall and probably should be but
the base system is not mine [I am at work] not is the Win 98 box. The
Mandrake 9.1 is in my person laptop.

What I would like to do is read and write files to and from the Win 98 box
with the Mandrake laptop.

I have no desires for the Win 98 box to read or write or even see the Mandrake
box. Simply place I have no desires to change it configuration except as the
minimun required for the Mandrake box to perform desired functions.

Thanks

Frank