[ltp] red tint on bottom of screen

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:47:48 -0700

On Saturday 17 July 2004 08:48 am, Ian McIntosh wrote:
> > > An area on the bottom of the screen (always towards the left side) is
> > > _sometimes_ tinted slightly red when I first wake the laptop up from
> > > sleep.  It seems to fade away after a few minutes.
> >
> > This sounds like a problem I had a while back. Maybe the following thread
> > is useful (another person noticed the same thing).
>
> The problem I'm seeing seems different than that one.  There are no
> shadows or anything, it's just an irregularly-shaped area of the screen
> that is tinted red, regardless of what the pixels are showing, and it's
> visible over any color (but most obvious on a white background).
>
> Is there anything special about the bottom left of a T23's LCD?

This is a similar problem to one exhibited by Apple PowerBook "Lombard" and
"Pismo" units.

http://www.macintouch.com/pinkpismolcd.html
http://www.macopinion.com/columns/roadwarrior/04/04/19/

Unfortunately this is a sign of an LCD singing its death song. My condolences.

Michelle
--
Michelle Klein-Hass
Box 2273, Van Nuys, CA 91404-2273