[ltp] BIOS update T4x/R5x

Hamie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 22:14:16 +0100

Fabrice Bellet wrote:

>Hi,
>
>A quick note about the IBM BIOS flashing utilities under Windows, and
>the problem that the laptop beeps once, and fails to start the program
>in DOS mode, after properly closing Windows.
>
>I tested some BIOS configuration changes, and I found that it works
>when IRQ 6 is _not_ manually assigned in the Config/PCI/IRQ setup
>page. "Legacy Floppy Drives" is also disabled in my setup.

I tried that. Still no go. I had to reset my BIOS settings to defaulkt
before it would go past the beep. Once I'd done that it worked like a
charm. But I did notice that I'd set the IRQ's back to Auto, and the
default is to set them all to 11 (Why set them all to 11 I ask? It's not
like any of the otehrs are used for anything).