FW: Re: [ltp] sound problem (r40)

Luke Yelavich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:51:40 +1000

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:30:50AM EST, Philip Kiwan wrote:
> Hey,
> yes i am running the default slack 2.4.26 kernel and all the alsa packages
> are insatlled.... but i have this error, and when i un alsa-mixer i get" No
> mixer elems found" error, and it doesnt start ...
> what do you think the problem is ?
> lspci recognised the soundcard, and alsaconf too ...
> but i still have no sound ...
> i also have another problem, i want to know what the chipset of the modem
> in the r40 2722-f6u is ...
> i really hope u can help

Ok, I think I know what is going on. Hotplug is loading, and detecting your
modem, which uses the module snd-intel8x0m, which gets loaded as card 0. What
I did, was to add snd-intel8x0m to my /etc/hotplug/blacklist file, reload
hotplug, and run alsaconf to ensure that your soundcard is configured as card 0.

I can't help you with the modem, but I know that it has a sound device, which
is being picked up by hotplug first.

hth

Luke