[ltp] Re: ACPI Hibernate and Suspend Strange behavior 2.6.7/-mm1

Pavel Machek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:00:52 +0200

Hi!

> > And, if I would shine
> > a bright light on the screen, I could make out text on it.  In other
> > words, the backlight was off but it was still displaying stuff.
>
> I cannot reproduce that (T41), but maybe I'm looking at the wrong angle or
> your eyes are better. In any case I understand that this image is very
> faint.
>
> I'm not sure whether this is actually part of the problem. The
> liquid crystals might just keep their current orientation, or there might
> be some residual charge in the driver circuit. Do you want to take your
> display apart and check with a voltmeter? I dont't :-)

If it is still there after half an hour, its certainly part of the problem.
LCD crystals loose the orientation in seconds, IIRC.
				Pavel
--
64 bytes from 195.113.31.123: icmp_seq=28 ttl=51 time=448769.1 ms