[ltp] Re: disk and ultrabay battery for my T23

Joachim Schrod linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:44:16 +0200

RS> thank you kindly for the answer; does this include the ultrabay
RS> peripherals, including ultrabay battery--also is there a "thick
RS> and thin" versions?

I have switched Ultrabay disks, floppies, and CD drives between T21,
T23, and T41, without problems.

You have to reboot if disk or CD drive was not inserted during boot
time. Btw, anybody knows if one can rescan the IDE bus for new devices?

I don't have an Ultrabay battery. In a recent thread (about three
weeks ago, check the archives) somebody mentioned that the Ultrabay is
not compatible. As normal batteries are not compatible between T2x and
T4x either, I took this as an experience report.

Cheers,
	Joachim

--
Joachim		     The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the