[ltp] red tint on bottom of screen

Bjorn Knutsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 02:29:50 +0200

On 17 Jul 2004 00:01, Ian McIntosh wrote:
> I noticed a problem with my T23 (type 2647 with a 1400x1050 LCD).
>
> An area on the bottom of the screen (always towards the left side) is
> _sometimes_ tinted slightly red when I first wake the laptop up from
> sleep.  It seems to fade away after a few minutes.
>
> Does anyone know what causes this and if it's something I should be
> worried about?

This is how the screen on my T23 was the last couple of months before
it finally croaked. In the end, it was uniformly tinted red, more
after I just powered it up, but it stayed some degree of red all the
way at the end. I didn't realize exactly how much until I got it
replaced.

If yours is still under warranty, I would suggest you find a good time
in your schedule to have it fixed before the warranty expires.

/Björn