[ltp] Re: disk and ultrabay battery for my T23

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:02:38 +0300

--6Nae48J/T25AfBN4

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:44:16PM +0200, Joachim Schrod wrote:
> I have switched Ultrabay disks, floppies, and CD drives between T21,
> T23, and T41, without problems.
>=20
> You have to reboot if disk or CD drive was not inserted during boot
> time. Btw, anybody knows if one can rescan the IDE bus for new devices?

Look for a script called idectl or ultrabayd.  On Debian it comes with
the hdparm package and is hidden in /usr/share/doc/hdparm/contrib.

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.
                -- Fletcher Knebel

--6Nae48J/T25AfBN4

--6Nae48J/T25AfBN4--