[ltp] Re: TV_out on R40 (2722-CDG)

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:26:22 +1000

On 21 Jul 2004, Tobias Kretschmer wrote:
> I'd like to know if anybody managed to get the tv-out on the
> Thinkpad R40 up and running?
>
> The configuration on my Thinkpad is
> model:	2722-CDG
> videocard:	ATI Radeon Mobility 7500
> Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 woody/sarge

Well, I have only done it on an A31p, but the video hardware is very
close, so this should work:

1. Plug the video out cable into the laptop.
2. Reboot with that cable in place.  (critical)
3. Start up X, or whatever.
4. Set your video mode to 800x600 or less.  (possible 1024x768 works)
5. Run the 'atitvout' package to turn on TV out, etc.

You will need to try with no flag, with '-f' and with '-r' for each
individual option to find out which works.  For me, it is 'pal' and
'-f t'.

atitvout is in unstable, at least, and a backport shouldn't be hard.

Also, I was never able to get TV and LCD working at the same time, only
one or the other.

Good luck,
        Daniel
--
Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are
unoccupied by the verities of knowledge.