[ltp] Latest BIOS update on T41 running my fan faster

Charles Gillet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:26:48 -0700

T41 users,

I'm using Fedora Core 2 stock kernel on my T41 with fglrx (to reduce fan
noise from GFX ctlr) and ACPI on.  After loading the latest BIOS and
Embedded Controller updates, I think my fan is running at a faster, more
audible clip now when on AC power and under normal load, like a mosquito
buzzing in my ear.  Anyone else on the list with a low tolerance for fan
noise seeing the same thing?  I want to make sure it isn't just my fan
getting older and noisier.

I'll consider backing out to the old BIOS the next time I'm running
windoze and will report back if anyone shows an interest.

-charles