[ltp] Latest BIOS update on T41 running my fan faster

obi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:43:01 -0700

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 01:26:48PM -0700, Charles Gillet wrote:

> T41 users,
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 2 stock kernel on my T41 with fglrx (to reduce fan
> noise from GFX ctlr) and ACPI on.  After loading the latest BIOS and
> Embedded Controller updates, I think my fan is running at a faster, more
> audible clip now when on AC power and under normal load, like a mosquito
> buzzing in my ear.  Anyone else on the list with a low tolerance for fan
> noise seeing the same thing?  I want to make sure it isn't just my fan
> getting older and noisier.
>
> I'll consider backing out to the old BIOS the next time I'm running
> windoze and will report back if anyone shows an interest.

Please report your experience. I haven't upgraded yet: still trying to
play with ACPI/APM/fglrx/DynaicPM-patch to find out the magic
combination to leave the fan off most of the time ...

graziano