[ltp] Latest BIOS update on T41 running my fan faster

Charles Gillet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:59:17 -0700

Ok, since you're all dying to know, and because I was going deaf, the
answer is yes, the newest BIOS is the problem.  I backed off to 3.00,
leaving the Embedded Controller version up to date, cooked the CPU with
a helping of the hoggiest process I know of (Redhat/Fedora up2date) to
be sure, and my fan stays hushed!

Anyone from IBM on the list taking note??? :-)

-charles