[ltp] Latest BIOS update on T41 running my fan faster

Charles Gillet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:31:20 -0700

The stock radeon driver has no throtting code and makes the fan whine.
It's a known commodity and has been discussed on the list before, and to
my knowledge, none of the FC2 xorg updates addresses the issue.  If you
know and can prove otherwise, I'd be stoked.  I hate having to use stuff
that isn't part of the OS distro, and don't have the cycles to play with
patches.

My usage profile may be different than yours, my fan may be getting
noisy with age and use ...  who knows ... but the backout fixed my problem.

-charles