[ltp] Parts Interchange for 2645-45u

manaen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:20:22 -1000

Hello all I was wondering if I could get a little guidance on purchasing
a motherboard.  The 13V input power circuit of the motherboard somehow
got fried.  Maybe I got the polarity wrong one too many times when I
plugged the thing into my car's cigarette lighter.  My question to the
group is which lower thinkpad halfs are interchangeable with the
keyboard and screen from my current thinkpad.  I believe the 2645-45u is
  just a straight thinkpad 600, can I buy a lower half from the 600e and
600x and use that?  Any help would be appreciated.