[ltp] Re: ACPI Hibernate and Suspend Strange behavior 2.6.7/-mm1

Pavel Machek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:12:02 +0200

Hi!

> > > I cannot reproduce that (T41), but maybe I'm looking at the wrong angle or
> > > your eyes are better. In any case I understand that this image is very
> > > faint.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure whether this is actually part of the problem. The
> > > liquid crystals might just keep their current orientation, or there might
> > > be some residual charge in the driver circuit. Do you want to take your
> > > display apart and check with a voltmeter? I dont't :-)
> >
> > If it is still there after half an hour, its certainly part of the problem.
> > LCD crystals loose the orientation in seconds, IIRC.
> > 				Pavel
>
> I found that on my T40, if I am using the radeonfb built into the kernel
> I cannot see a ghost image, but if I use VESA or vga=normal, I can see a
> ghost in S3.

Well, you can't really expect to run without driver for hardware
(VESA or vga=normal) and still get hardware powersaved correctly.

							Pavel

--
Horseback riding is like software...
..vgf orggre jura vgf serr.