[ltp] a22p won't resume from a suspend.

Harry J Mangalam linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:52:44 -0700

Hi All,

I recently tried upgrading to kernel 2.6.7 on my A22p running Debian unstable
(now running xfree 4.3) and tho I've tried to replicate the APM options that
gave me a smooth suspend/resume previously, it won't come back.

When I try to use a previous 2.4.22 kernel to suspend/resume, I get good
suspend/resume behavior with the same X11 installation, so it doesn't appear
to involve X11.  I'd go back, but 2.6.7 improves lots of other  behaviors.

When I try to sleep it (with power cable unplugged), the visible activity is
as normal, leading to the led sleep icon becoming illuminated.  When woken,
it makes the normal series of beeps and disk activity LEDs blink and the
screen light comes on, but the screen graphics never returns.  Trying to
Ctrl+Alt+BS doesn't restart the kdm or make any other visible difference. I
can't login to the blind box, tho the wireless LED seems to indicate that
it's up.

A thread around June 15 seemed to indicate that it was related to being unable
to resume when pcmcia services were running and ... AHA!.. when I stopped
that service, the suspend/resume did work correctly.

Has anyone heard anything about when/if this will be fixed?

Incidentally, here are the appro settings from my .config file (ACPI is
disabled).

# APM (Advanced Power Management) BIOS Support
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

--
Cheers, Harry
Harry J Mangalam - 949 856 2847 (v&f) - hjm@tacgi.com