[ltp] cpufreq error

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:45:18 -0500

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> If it helps, I had some trobule with frequency control on my t41p
> until I built a kernel that only had the speedstep/centrino drivers,
> after someone suggested that might be the problem.

More specifically, here's my current "CPU Frequency scaling" section
for 2.6.7:

  [*] CPU Frequency scaling
  <*>   /proc/cpufreq interface (deprecated)
        Default CPUFreq governor (performance)  --->
  ---   'performance' governor
  <*>   'powersave' governor
  <*>   'userspace' governor for userspace frequency scaling
  [*]     /proc/sys/cpu/ interface (2.4. / OLD)
  <*>   CPU frequency table helpers
  ---   CPUFreq processor drivers
  <*> ACPI Processor P-States driver
  [*]   /proc/acpi/processor/../performance interface (deprecated)
  < > AMD Mobile K6-2/K6-3 PowerNow!
  < > AMD Mobile Athlon/Duron PowerNow!
  < > AMD Opteron/Athlon64 PowerNow!
  < > Cyrix MediaGX/NatSemi Geode Suspend Modulation
  <*> Intel Enhanced SpeedStep
  [*] Use ACPI tables to decode valid frequency/voltage pairs (EXPERIME
  < > Intel Speedstep on ICH-M chipsets (ioport interface)
  < > Intel SpeedStep on 440BX/ZX/MX chipsets (SMI interface)
  < > Intel Pentium 4 clock modulation
  < > Transmeta LongRun
  < > VIA Cyrix III Longhaul

Hope this helps.