[ltp] K-Mail Messages

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:37:58 -0400

Hi All

In one of my continuous attempts to network this computer I managed to screw
up yet again necessitating a reinstall in order to straighten out my screw
ups.

So before I reconfigured the box I saved all old e-mail by copping the
complete mail directory to a partition that would not be affected by the
reinstall.

Good I have all my old email but I just have not been able to make K-mail see
the old mail.

I have tried copying old saved e-mail directory to the [new reinstall] email
directory but Kmail did not see the contents.

So then I tried to copy one of the emails to the approbate location and rename
it to a test email that I sent to myself that K mail did see but only the
contents of the "cur" directory as the "tmp" and "new" directors showed to be
empty.

Anyway what I would like to know is if there is anyway to salvage this e-mail
in Kmail.

Thanks

Frank