[ltp] Too fast clock on T40 with 2.6.7

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:35:17 +0200

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 14:09:34 +0100, Carlo Hamalainen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I run 2.6.7 on my T40 I see the clock run forwards by about 60
> minutes when only about 10 minutes of real time has passed. I can resync
> the time using ntp, but it keeps on flying forwards. In 2.4.26 the clock
> is fine.

This has nothing todo with your ThinkPad. It seems that some changes in
2.6.7 screwed up the system clock on certain hardware, including my
Athlon XP based desktop. I tried some fixes grabbed from the LKML,
without success, so I reverted to 2.6.6. Maybe you have more luck with
2.6.8-rc2 or the 2.6.7-mm patch.

Regards,
Tino