[ltp] Sleep and sound problems on 600x

Brian Kendig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:30:42 -0400

I'm running Linux (FC2, my own compile of kernel 2.6.7) on a ThinkPad
600x (with the latest firmware).  It works terrifically except for three
annoying problems:

(1) It won't go to sleep when I close the lid.  I'm using APM for power
management, and it will go to sleep if I run "apm -s".  I set up a DOS
floppy with PS2.EXE and booted from it and was able to use that to turn
off the beeps and enable the trackpoint when the mouse is connected, and
those settings work, but 'PS2 COVER ENABLE' seems to have had no effect.

(2) When I boot the machine, sound works fine, but after it goes to
sleep and I wake it, sound never works again until I reboot.  I'm using
the ALSA drivers in the 2.6 kernel.  FC2 doesn't have any
'/etc/init.d/alsa' script to use to restart sound.

(3) Has anyone been able to get ACPI to work on a 600x?  When I tried
it, the computer hung when I tried to wake it from sleep.

Thanks for any help!

   - B