[ltp] X31 - where to hibernate?

Toens Bueker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:58:24 +0200

Hi *,

probably you'll remember, that my X31 has a ntfs partition
with XP and shall get an additional Linux installation.

I understand, that resizing the ntfs partition with
ntfsresize and qtparted should not be a problem
(especially not for the hidden parts, which are needed to
restore XP) as long the hidden partition(s) are not
visible.=20

Now the second question: how do I have to partition the
new "Linux-area", if I want to use hibernation?

Where does XP hibernate to at the moment? Do I need a
special hibernation partition for Linux? Would have been
nice, if Linux and XP could have shared their hibernation
areas ...

by
T=F6ns
--=20