[ltp] Fan noise fix

Charles Gillet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:16:38 -0700

Thanks Joel,

I have a T41 and the combination of 3.06f BIOS and this new 3.03 EMBC
gives me the same fan activity as 3.00 BIOS and the 3.02 EMBC.

Feeling vindicated here as it definitely fixes the 3.06f BIOS + 3.02
EMBC fan noise problems I complained about a while back.  With that
combination, I was getting constant fan speed that I only get now when
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0/temperature reads around 55C.  It gets even
louder when things go past 60C.

My system idles at around 38C on AC power and the fan never goes
completely off (sigh), but it is acceptably quiet. System is Fedora Core
2 w/stock kernel + fglrx X driver + ACPI.

-charles