[ltp] Harddrive is blowing up... I need some advice

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:32:13 -0400 (EDT)

	For what it's worth, we've used at least 10 OEM 60/7200 Hitachi
drives (I assume this is what was meant by "IBM drives") and we've had 2
failures -- one died within the first 24 hours, and one died a couple days
after the laptop was dropped from a height of 3 feet or so.  We haven't
had any unexplained "mid-life crises", and they perform pretty well.
Still, I guess the ratio isn't that great.  :)

Aaron