[ltp] Fan noise fix

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:28:05 -0400

On Friday 30 July 2004 01:09 pm, Charles Gillet wrote:
> I'm using the cpuspeed utility that comes with FC2, which I guess is
> very similar to cpudyn? =A0I edited its config file to make sure it knew
> the location in /proc for AC power status and temperature. =A0I picked 60C
> for the ceiling (point at which CPU is slammed to slowest MHz) since the
> hottest I could ever get the system was 63C during my testing.
>
> 56C seems really hot for idle. =A0Is there a port for nitrous oxide on the
> side that I don't know about? =A0:-)

I run at about 40C on the battery, with the processor going at 600MHz, but =
at=20
full speed on AC, 56C is pretty much what it is here.  I actually see it ge=
t=20
into the 80s on really cpu intensive stuff that goes on for awhile, like=20
audio encoding and kernel compiling.  Actually, I can't compile a kernel on=
=20
this machine because it will shut down from getting to hot.
=2D-=20
/g