[ltp] tp-scroll and Fedora 2

Giuseppe Castagna linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:29:53 +0200

Hello,

   I think that some persons on this list may be interested in knowing
that in order to have tp-scroll working with Fedora 2 you have to change
all occurrences of /dev/mouse into /dev/input/mice. This in particular
applies to /etc/rc.local or, if you used rpm from Dag Wieers's
repository, to /etc/sysconfig/tp-scroll.

   It took me some time to figure it out. Hope this mail can spare that
time to somebody else

Cheers

---Beppe---

P.S. To sum up the instructions are:

- install tp-scroll-1.0-1.1.fc2.dag

- modify /etc/sysconfig/tp-scroll by specifying
  INPUT_DEVICE="/dev/input/mice"

- patch /etc/X11/xorg.conf Input Device section as follows

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
# Original Fedora generic mouse with scroll
#       Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
#       Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
#       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
# Modification for tp-scroll
        Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/imouse"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"