[ltp] R40e & Power

Chris Street linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:55:12 +0100

Oh yes - forgot about that...

I recompiled the kernel with the thermal module not included. Wonder what w=
ould happen if you were to just rename/delete the thermal module under /lib=
/modules?
I also changed a line near the top of /etc/rc.d/init.d/acpi (Mandrake - may=
 not be the same for you) that loaded the thermal module, but I think this =
gets used later - after you have already crashed...
There may be a simpler way - anybody?

Not sure of a way around the buttons not working - the software mixer still=
 works, so I use that. As for screen brightness - never use it.

If anybody has got it all working on an R40e, I would love to know. May hav=
e a play again one day if I get the time...

 Chris=20

=2D-=20
Chris Street
chris@showerail.com