[ltp] Re: Good FS for laptop

Bob Toxen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:00:36 -0400

I made some measurements today and found a 7.5% slowdown for either
reading or writing the PPDD encrypted FS on my R39 vs. unencrypted --
trivial.  I cannot even notice any difference.

Bob Toxen, CTO
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.
"Your expert in Firewalls, Virus and Spam Filters, VPNs,
http://www.verysecurelinux.com/sunset.html                    [Sunset Computer]
bob@verysecurelinux.com (e-mail)

Author,
"Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and Recovery"
2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, (C) 2003, 848 pages, ISBN: 0130464562
Also available in Japanese, Chinese, and Czech.