[ltp] TP770Z Sound (FC2): Update

Asheesh Laroia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 01:07:07 -0400 (EDT)

Just a few comments:

* Try using alsamixer instead of aumix.  It has a "store" command to store
your mixer settings.  Those might get picked up next boot.

* Did you try passing isapnp=0 to the kernel command-line?  If that
worked, you could have chosen not to recompile and just added it to your
LILO/Grub "append" line.

* Have you tried adding "snd-cs4232" to /etc/modules?  You should be able
to configure the parameters in modules.conf so that "modprobe snd-cs4232"
alone takes care of this configuration, and if so, then adding the line to
/etc/modules (not modules-dot-conf) should cause the system to do
'modprobe snd-cs4232' on startup.

* Recompiling your kernel is still this hard on Fedora?  Debian makes it
very very easy; I'm surprised the sanity of make-kpkg hasn't spread.

-- Asheesh.

--
Nobody can be exactly like me.  Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.
 		-- Tallulah Bankhead