[ltp] FC2 and T41p report

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:31:19 +0100

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:14:43 -0700, Charles Gillet wrote:

> Steve,
>
> If you can get the TV-out working with the T41+radeon or T41+fglrx
> driver on FC2, please post your X config.  I would like to do this at
> some point, but haven't had the time to play with it.  Apparently, using
> the fglrx driver from ATI is supposed to cut down on battery drain.

Yeah, I guessed it might (optimisation = less cpu load), but I've heard
that it prevents suspend to ram, which I rely on. I might try it just
incase its been fixed.

I had to do a bit of battling with it to get video to appear on the LCD,
not just the VGA out. The VGA out seems to be the primary? Odd, it wasn't
with the vesa driver.

- Steve