[ltp] GRUB Geom Error

Sanne N linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Jun 2004 11:26:55 -0400

Hi again,
thanks  a lot for all the advice. I think the problem is caused by the
partition table and geometry. For some reason, my HD partitions had a
strange setup. I cleaned it up, so that there is only one windows partition
and gave the rest to Suse during install. Now it works :-)
I can boot winXP without problems. However, when running PartitionMagic, it
reports inconsistencies between LBA and CHS values, and crashes because it
cannot identify drive letters. Suse also gives error messages when starting:
linux kernel: mtrr: 0xe0000000,0x2000000 overlaps existing
0xe0000000,0x1000000

I think the links Edi provided will have the solution to this. Will try it
later.
Thanks again to everyone,
Sanne

Looking to buy a house? Get informed with the Home Buying Guide from MSN
House & Home. http://coldwellbanker.msn.com/