[ltp] TP770Z Sound (FC2): Update

Lance A. Brown linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:19:43 -0400

Mendel Cooper wrote:
> This doesn't quite work. The /etc/modules.conf file has been deprecated
> and /etc/modprobe.conf seems to understand a different command set. Putting
> the above "post-install" line in the latter generates an error.
>
> What does work, even if it is somewhat of a kludge, is the following.
>
> 1) Set sound volume levels with *both* 'alsamixer' and 'aumix'
>
> 2) Run 'alsactl store' as indicated above.
>
> 3) Put 'alsactl restore' in /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

Deinitely a kludge.  I have the following in /etc/modprobe.conf.  I'm
using the intel8x0 alsa module.

# Install the module and restore sound settings
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore

# Save the current sound settings and unload the module
remove snd-intel8x0 /usr/sbin/alsactl store && /sbin/modprobe -r
--ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

Make sure to change the intel8x0 to your sound module and take out the
extra line break when putting them in modprobe.conf.

--[Lance]

--
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/