[ltp] DVI throughput with port replicators/docking stations

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:57:10 +0200

Hei,

all the time i was dreaming of replacing my shiny old T23 with a shiny
new T4Xp. The only thing that always bothered me is that those models
are not compatible with my full dock anymore. However, i would have
bought a new one than.

But now i just read on IBMs web site that the DVI throughput in all
three solutions (full dock, mini dock and port replicator) supports only
resolutions up to SXGA, meaning 1280x1024.

I own a 21"-TFT with UXGA resolution (1600x1200) that i always planned
to attach to the DVI-through. Now it seem that's not at all possible.
Are there any experiences in this area?

If i would have to use a PCI graphics adapter in the dock again, as i do
now (hoped that throughput on a T4Xp would be lots faster), i wouldn't
have to bother about bying a p-model at all and would even consider
taking a T30, since then i could keep my dock.

Thanks for any hints and comments,
André.