[ltp] TV out using ATI binary drivers (fglrx) on a T41p

Tony Whitmore linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:50:55 +0100

Julien Lamy wrote:
> Hello,
> Did anyone manage to get their TV out working with ATI binary drivers
> (fglrx) on a T41p (not sure if the model is important) ? All I can get
> is a garbled black and white image on the TV. The atitvout util gives me
> a "VBE call failed" for most of the options (only detect and pal seem to
> work).
> Thanks,

I get similarly unsatisfactory results on my R40. Under Windows all I
get is a black and white image on my TV, regardless of whether I use PAL
or NTSC (my TV can handle both). Under Linux (using the "radeon" XFree86
driver) I get the same "VBE call failed" messages when using atitvout.
I've tried just about everything I can think of, but still no joy :(

Tony