[ltp] Electric shock from t40 in France

Steve Krulewitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Jun 2004 05:57:46 -0400

Hi all --

Sorry for the non-Linux content, but I'm not sure where else to turn :)

I am currently in France and I'm using my American t40 here.  When I
have it plugged into the wall outlet, with or without a voltage adapter,
I get an electric shock when I run my hands over the edges of the
laptop, particularly over the metal fan vent on the left.  It still runs
fine and the battery seems to charge ok, but this is a little worrisome.
  The power adapter is clearly dual-voltage, so that shouldn't be the
problem, but I didn't have this problem when I was in the states a week ago.

Thanks for any help,
-steve