[ltp] Electric shock from t40 in France

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:20:52 -0400

If I recall correctly France is 220 VAC @ 50 Hz.
Also if I recall correctly France uses a 2 wire AC supply meaning that there
is NO third ground wire as in the US system.

If that is true are you using a 220 / 120 VAC step down supply transformer?

If so you have to make a separate ground for your system since you are
floating the supply voltage.

I would suggest how to do this except that most likely if the above is the
case and you had to ask the question then most likely you would misread any
detail answer I could e-mail.

My suggestion thus is to get an elementary book on power system electronics or
visit an old electric shop [not computer shop] and explain the issue to them.

Frank