[ltp] Trackpoint problems with SuSE 9.1

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:06:51 +0200

Am Dienstag, 8. Juni 2004 05:19 schrieb James Knott james.knott-at-rogers.com
|Linux-Thinkpad|:
> I have just installed SuSE 9.1, on my ThinkPad R31 2656-6FU.  I have
> found that the Trackpoint "mouse" is so erratic, as to be worse than
> useless.  Anyone know of a fix for this problem?
>
> tnx jk

I had the same problem with SuSE 9.0 on my T40p (2373-G1G). The solution was,
if I recall correctly, to set the mouse type to "Ignore Mouse, even if
connected" in the YaST Mouse Properties panel, then adding it to the XFree
configuration manually (the last step might not even be necessary, I don't
remember).
HTH,
	Matthias Himber