[ltp] DVI throughput with port replicators/docking stations

Satish Balay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:19:36 -0500 (CDT)

--8323328-872161798-1086711568=:4362

I would think the DVI resolution that thinkpads can drive primarily
depend on the graphics card - and not the port replicatior (although
there could be some electrical charecteristics of the port-replicator
than can prevent this resolution)

And most video cards have a different resolution specification for DVI
- and non DVI outputs - and most folks (including IBM) list only
non-DVI resolution in the specs.

<speculation>
Since the newer T42p models come with a 15in 1600x1200 LCD - I would
guess the graphics cards in them can drive external LCD displays also
at the same resolution.
<end>

Satish