[ltp] DVI throughput with port replicators/docking stations

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:11:31 +0200

I don't believe that a FireGL or FireGL T2 wouldn't be able to drive
1600x1200 through DVI when it's able to do 2048x15xx through VGA.

Since it seems to be a driver problem according to Aarons tests (which
matches the impression i got from the other sources), i guess that IBM
did disable higher resolutions than SXGA because they knew about the
problem with the pixels.

Or then there might be, as you say, some probs with the electrical
characteristics of the port replicator, which would be a pity.

However, since the problem doesn't occur with recent X and seems to be
solvable in win, i'm satisfied and will buy one of the T4Xp thingies as
soon as i get a good catch.
To be sure I'll keep my PCI card at hand. ;-)

Thanks a lot, expecially to Aaron for messing with your setup.
André.