[ltp] Thinkpad X40 and xorg-6.7.0-3

Jean-Louis Leroy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:27:08 +0200

Giuseppe Castagna <Giuseppe.Castagna@ens.fr> writes:

>    What is *really* annoying is that this corruption appears when I
> switch to the external monitor as well (and the f1-f7 trick no longer
> works since the image returns back on the LCD screen). This makes the
> laptop not usable for presentations, which is one of the main uses
> of it

I'm in the same situation as you, it appears, and I didn't even know
because I hadn't tried an external monitor yet.

But here are some good news: I found out that if I kill X after
switching to the external monitor, the image returns just there. Okay
I loose my session in the process but it's still better than rebooting
to XP isn't it?

HTH.
--
Jean-Louis Leroy