[ltp] DVI throughput with port replicators/docking stations

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:29:51 +0200

Am Dienstag, 8. Juni 2004 18:14 schrieb Aaron Mulder
ammulder-at-alumni.princeton.edu |Linux-Thinkpad|:
> 	It's been a while since I tried this, so I hooked it up again
> today.  I'm using SuSE 9.1 and the radeon driver included in XFree86, and
> I'm not getting any of the pixel problems.
How did you get that to work? I've been fighting with the radeon driver on and
off for the past year, but never managed to get any output at all on the DVI
port, neither with XFree/Xorg nor with the VESA console. The weird thing is
that the Xorg logs show that communication between the graphics card and the
monitor works, and all DDC data has been read out correctly, but I never get
an image at all.
I have an T40p (2373-G1G), with the FireGL M9 graphics card.

PS: The propietary ATI driver does produce ouput on DVI, but since it blocks
powermanagement I can't use it.