[ltp] Re: IBM ThinkPad R51 1830-BRG - experiences?

Frank Schmitt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:17:51 +0200

Malcolm Northcott <mnorthcott@aoptix.com> writes:

> 2) Haven't managed to get the thing to sleep yet. On my old A20p closing
> the lid put the computer to sleep. Most of the /proc/acpi entries seem
> to have sensible contents, so I guess this is more of
> a user space setup problem. In fact I saw your post while browsing for
> clues on the solution to this problem.

Why ACPI? It should work with APM OOTB when adding ACPI=off to the
kernel arguments.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough