[ltp] Re: IBM ThinkPad R51 1830-BRG - experiences?

Malcolm Northcott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:07:16 -0700

After putting my laptop to sleep using the echo 3 the following=20
happened:
1) On wakeup everything worked, but after about 5 minutes the ethernet
died hard, ifdown/ifup did not fix it, I had to reboot.
2) Next I left the machine in sleep state overnight and found the
battery completely drained in the morning (this is a new battery).=20

Despite what the kernel config files said the APM sleep does work if I
pass grub the acpi=3Doff command. Tonight I will check to see if the APM
sleep mode lasts through the night.=09
	Mal.