[ltp] Re: IBM ThinkPad R51 1830-BRG - experiences?

Peter Frühberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:42:07 +0200

Malcolm Northcott wrote:
| After putting my laptop to sleep using the echo 3 the following
| happened:
| 1) On wakeup everything worked, but after about 5 minutes the ethernet
| died hard, ifdown/ifup did not fix it, I had to reboot.
| 2) Next I left the machine in sleep state overnight and found the
| battery completely drained in the morning (this is a new battery).
|
| Despite what the kernel config files said the APM sleep does work if I
| pass grub the acpi=off command. Tonight I will check to see if the APM
| sleep mode lasts through the night.
| 	Mal.
|
| On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 12:23, Peter Frühberger wrote:
|
| Piotr Gawrysiak wrote:
| | Put a script in /etc/acpi/events
|
| a script could look like this:
| /etc/acpi/events/sleep:
| #Script Begin
| event=button/sleep
| action=/etc/acpi/suspend.sh
| #End
|
| /etc/acpi/suspend.sh:
| #Begin
| #!/bin/bash
| echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
| #End
|
| don`t forget to
| chmod +x suspend.sh
|
| perhaps you have to unload some modules in order to get it working
| flawlessly
|
| If you want to use another event, you can stop acpid for testing your
| events and do a "cat /proc/acpi/events"
| No close your lid, press your sleep button etc. und look what events you
| are receiving.
| This is only working when you are booting with enabled acpi, of course.
|
| ciao
| Peter

same probleme here on my IBM R40, battery goes down very fast in standby
and ethernet stops working 10 minutes after resume, depending on the load.

we earlier discussed this probleme here on the list, it seems to be an
ibm bios bug.

cheers
Peter

- --
Key-ID: 0x1A995A9B
Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B
If you have any great suggestions, feel free to mail me, and I'll
probably feel free to ignore you
(Linus Torvalds)