[ltp] Adaptec PC-Card USB/Firewire Adapter

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:15:33 -0700

I just purchased this card.  It provides 1 IEEE1394 (Firewire) port
which appears to be recognized and functional in my A22p with RH9.   The
two USB ports are NOT recognized even if I put pcmcia start in the
rc.sysinit file.  The same thing happens with FC1 in a 600E.

This card runs in the A22p with Windows98E.

Oh, the purpose of getting the card is to connect to an external drive
for backup of both the Windows and Linux partitions to upgrade the A22p
to FC1 from RH9.

Any ideas on how to get this card working?

James McKenzie