[ltp] Solution to the "1802: Unauthorized network card" problem in recent thinkpad systems

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:50:59 +0200

Cool. Maybe this will finally allow me to get decent WLAN with my T40p. The WLAN card lock in the BIOS was one of the reason I couldn't recommend thinkpads to other people for use with Linux (the other being the ATI graphics card, and that one is getting better).
I really hope IBM doesn't "fix" this "problem" in the next BIOS revision. I hate having to crack devices I legitimately own in order to fully use them, and if I had known about the WLAN card lock before I would not have bought my laptop from IBM.
Thanks for the information and code,
	Matthias Himber