[ltp] Re: Electric shock from t40 in France

edonia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:36:52 +0800

Am Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:23:22 +0200 schrieb Kevin Krause:

> Mine needs a grounded socket, so I thought that would be standard on
> Thinkpads. I think that won't be what causes the electric shock then.
>
> Steve:
>
>> Kevin Krause wrote:
>> > My guess would be that the grounding in your wall socket carries
>> > electricity which it isn't supposed to do.
>>
>> Excuse my lack of knowledge about electricity :)  The plug on my IBM
>> adapter is 2 prong, so it is not making any contact with the ground pin.
>>   If this is the case, could it still be a grounding problem?  Are you
>> suggesting the wiring in the place I'm staying is messed up and it will
>>
>> not happen elsewhere?
>>
>> thanks,
>> -steve

I had the same problems on all the 2 pin power notebooks if i used them in
europe. once i checked the voltage an i reached about 110Volts. So i went
to a notebook store an checked all models which was for sell. And as you
could imagine, all with 2 pins had teh same problem. the induction power
was recogniced in distance to 30 cenitmeters. so i decided to buy one with
the ground oin (T40p).

Now i'm in china, using the ground pin and have the voltage again on my
notebook. so i did check the powersupply and find out, that the ground
pole has power as well, because of lacky wires :-(