[ltp] ThinkPad R31 Information

Paul Sladen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:20:05 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Sean O Sullivan wrote:

Hello Sean,

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/thinkpad-r31/thinkpad.html

> if 1) the laptop supports it.

Yes.

> It has a miniPCI slot,

Yes;  the R31 is about the last machine from IBM that doesn't come with
their evil BIOS restriction on which cards you can use.

> however, I don't think there is an antenna [in the monitor?].

Depends whether it came with one.  Does it have dashes at the top left and
right corners?  (Dashes mean the antenna is pre-installed).

You can fit the Antenna but you'll have to accquire this from IBM and
deconstruct about half your laptop in the process.

> I'm based in Ireland, and looked on Komplett/Irish/British sites, but
> have not gotten any products for the R31 2656

Any MiniPCI (preferably Orinoco-based) 802.11b card should work best.

	-Paul
--
Is there no safe way to travel?  London, GB