[ltp] ThinkPad R31 Information

Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:05:15 +0200

Hi,

just tried to check the FRU parts list on the web page.
Usually it states everything, but in case of the R31s it's quite unclear
unforunately. However, what it tells is that there are three Series of
R31 models and your's belongs to Series I, where James' -6FU is also
categorized under. I'd take this as a good sign. ;-)

You can double check here:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-41266

However, this Series categorization must not be related to builtin
antenna or not at all, so...the following should ensure you:
If you have wireless, you will find two little cables flying around
under the miniPCI slots cover, with little round connectors at their
ends. Those are the actual endings of the antennas and they need to be
attached to the wireless miniPCI card as soon as it gets installed.

At least this is how i found out that my T23 doesn't have antennas, it
lacks those cables.

André.