[ltp] Using Fn+F5 in linux

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:08:06 +0100

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 02:32:40PM +0100, Joe Milbourn wrote:
> Once upon a time, Daniel Jimenez said:
> > Yes I am using ACPI. I've thought about switching to APM but do not know
> > the pitfalls.
>
> I've been using APM on my X31 for quite a while, everthing works well --
> suspend, hibernate, resume, etc.  I don't have internal bluetooth, but the
> ipw2100 wireless card seems to play nicely with APM.

It doesn't on the T41p, I had to hack in some lines to rmmod the drivers
in some apm scripts, and hand instert them on resume, and even then it
didn't always survive a suspend/resume cycle.

The thing that made me go to ACPI though was the useless battery life with
suspend to ram in APM. Probably it would have been OK with suspend to
disk, but I'm impatient, and I couldn't get it to work anyway.

On the downside though - I have the problem that my USB ports stop working
after I suspend and resume. I havent really looked at a fix yet.

- Steve